1. Have you heard of that 50,000 word novel that doesn’t include the letter E? That’s my favorite book.
2. I don’t like negativity. Could you rephrase every criticism as a positive statement?
3. If I mention you in my foreword, can I get a discount?
4. I can’t wait for you to line-edit my romance between my protagonist from the Deep South and her lover from the Highlands of Scotland. Did I mention that the entire book is written phonetically?
5. Do you have a favorite punctuation mark? Mine’s the semicolon.
6. What guarantees can you give me that your services will increase my royalty revenue?
7. I actually wrote the manuscript in my native language, but don’t worry, I’ve already run it through Google Translate.
8. Before I agree to hire you, could you just read the manuscript and tell me what you think needs to be fixed?
9. You can be as brutal as you want, because I know that you’re not going to find much to criticize.
10. My mother thinks you’re wrong.
A big shout-out to the wonderful members of my Writers Community:
Christine Herbert, Michele Cacano, Chelsea Mancilla, Jessica Mormann, Naltath, and Jo Sal.
If you’d like to learn more about my Writers Community, check out the following link: