It’s finally here and it’s bigger and better than ever! Check out the essential details so that you can get started on your fantastic art pieces!
- Deadline: November 30 – That’s right, you have a whole two months to submit as much artwork as you can create!
- Categories: Best Creature, Best Character – We’ll start with just two categories, but my hope is to add additional categories as we get enough submissions for some real competition. Some of the categories I’d love to add include Best Submission from a Young Fan, Best Cosplay, Best Three-Dimensional Submission, Best Depiction of a Story Scene, and Best Submission from a Professional Artist. These are just some of my ideas, so feel free to get creative when choosing the subjects of your submissions!
- Prizes: The winners of Best Creature and Best Character will each receive a signed copy of any of my published books and a $5 Amazon gift card – Winners from any of the additional, added categories will also receive a $5 Amazon gift card. All accepted submissions will also be displayed on my website and social media channels.
- How to Enter: Submit JPEGs of your artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “2020 Fan Art Contest” – You can also send me your artwork via private message on Facebook or Twitter. If your artwork is not already a digital image, you can either scan it (for drawings and paintings) or take a picture of it (for figurines, sculptures, cosplay, etc.).
I can’t wait to see what all of you wonderfully creative people come up with! Let the inspiration flow!
Additional Rules for this Contest:
- All entries must be the original work of the artist.
- Artists may submit as many pieces of art as they want to.
- Please include a brief description with each submission identifying the subject of your artwork. Submissions with no description that are not immediately identifiable as related to my stories will not be considered.
- By submitting to the contest, the artist grants Lindsay Schopfer non-exclusive, ongoing rights to display and/or alter the submitted artwork for promotional purposes.
- Artists under the age of 18 must receive permission from their legal guardian(s) before submitting to this contest.
- Works featuring erotic content, excessive gore, or vulgar imagery will not be accepted.