I’m very excited to announce the beginning of the fourth annual Lindsay Schopfer fan art contest! This is one of the highlights of my year as I get to enjoy and share the fantastic artwork based on my stories and created by fans from around the world.
This year, we’ve got some exciting updates, including the reintroduction of fan voting for multiple categories! Read on for the details for this year’s event:
- Contest submissions will be accepted from September 1 to October 31
- Fans will vote for their favorite pieces from November 1-7
- Category winners will be announced after fan voting closes
- Author’s Choice
- Fan Voted: Best Creature
- Fan Voted: Best Character
- Fan Voted: Best Scene or Event from a Story
- Fan Voted: Best Weapon or Item
- Fan Voted: Best Submission from a Young Artist (under age 13)
All category winners will receive an eBook copy of one of my books of their choice.
- Please submit artwork as either a JPEG or PNG file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “2022 Fan Art Contest.”
- If a submission is not already a digital image, please make sure to either scan it (for drawings and paintings) or take a picture of it (for figurines, sculptures, cosplay, etc.).
- If you’re taking a picture of your artwork, please take the time to ensure the image is straight and in good lighting
- Please include a title and suggested categories for each submission.
- All entries must be the original work of the artist.
- Artists may submit as many pieces of art as they want to.
- A single submission may qualify for multiple categories, but can only win once.
- Submissions with no title or category that are not immediately identifiable as related to my stories will not be considered.
- By submitting to the contest, the artist grants Lindsay Schopfer non-exclusive, ongoing rights to display, distribute, and/or alter the submitted artwork for promotional purposes.
- Artists under the age of 18 must receive permission from their legal guardian(s) before submitting to this contest.
- Works featuring erotic content, excessive gore, or vulgar imagery will not be accepted.